To your children, shopping for new school gear and supplies is the most exciting part about going back to school (besides seeing their friends,) but that does not mean you have to spend a fortune to get them ready for the new school year. Below are five great ideas to help you get everything you need and save a few dollars.
- Stick to the list: Do not deviate from that daunting back to school teacher’s list. Wasting time and money on unlisted items that will likely never get used just leaves you with empty pockets.
- Plan Lunch: When you are coordinating your child’s lunch schedule you get to determine the cost. Check your grocers weekly circular for specials. If blueberries are not on sale one week and oranges are, go for the oranges!
- Shop Smart: Almost every clothing store has an outlet store. Check your area for your nearest outlet center to shop deals that have 25-50% off of an already low price on back to school clothes, uniforms, shoes, and more!
- Let the kids raid your home office: The kids can select home office supplies and personalized items with stickers or pictures.
- Hold off on buying the “in” gear: The prices will go down once school starts on the same gear, and your child may change their mind on what they initially wanted after seeing everyone else’s items.