Tips to hire the best contractor for the job:
1. Go With Your Gut - A contractor be in your home and around your family for days or weeks. Â So if you don't like a contractor for any reason, don't hire him or her.
2. Make Sure The Contractor is licensed to work in your area, boned and insured - Your potential home may have some secrets, like past crime incidents or problem neighbors. Â Google search the address to find out about any potential problems and to give you a knowledge advantage over other buyers
3. Pick a contractor who specializes in your type of project - It's important to research contractors to know if they have experience in a type of project. Today, many projects are regulated and code-specific so you want someone who knows the details of what's required.
4. Have a detailed contract before work begins - The contract should cover costs, brands of items being installed, approximate start and finish dates, etc.
5. Look at work samples - This lets you see a contractor's handiwork.